Join the team
Yume was founded in 2014 by food rescue veteran, Katy Barfield, after witnessing the amount of
food that’s wasted in the commercial food sector.
- Work in the heart of Windsor, metres from Windsor Station
A great culture and team, working in a flat structure, who love to laugh and are incredibly
passionate and dedicated to the Yume mission
Know that every day when you wake up you are having a positive impact on the environment
and a real tangible impact on reducing food waste
We're always on the lookout for highly engaged, ethical and mission-driven people to join our team.
Come and join us in creating a World Without Waste - contact us
or email your
CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Currently hiring for...
Sales & Finance Administration
Sales & Logistics Coordination
Sales & Account Management
Yume Sales/Business Development Team
Yume Buyers & Suppliers (external)
Yume 3PL Logistics Contacts (external)
Yume Finance Team
Yume Marketing Team
Yume is a revolutionary marketplace that helps connect businesses that have premium surplus or excess
produce with other businesses that can use it. It takes the best modern technology has to offer and
connects a community of like-minded people who see surplus or unsold food, not as a problem, but as a
chance to make a positive difference for our planet, for ourselves, our friends, and for our global
community. Yume is committed to reducing food waste – come and join the Yume movement.
As the Account Coordinator you will help have a direct impact on the Yume movement but assisting the
team as outlined in the key responsibilities. The Account Coordinator is a crucial lynch-pin to the
company providing coordination and support across multiple teams, requiring a willingness to be flexible
and accountable to multiple streams of work at any given time.
In line with Yume policies and procedures, the Account Coordinator will be required to;
Assist the sales team with confirming and finalising orders, and processing the necessary paperwork
to do so. Ensure accurate and complete capture of sales in Yume’s operating systems.
- Coordinate smooth delivery of goods, and take ownership of the freight processes.
- Assist the Business Development & Finance teams with post sales reconciliation, including processing
and issuing required paperwork.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and segmented into the company’s CRM or other sales
- Negotiate and prepare where appropriate, service contracts for new and existing buyer and supplier
relationships including credit applications.
- Management of incoming enquiries; manning the Yume phone landline, and two shared email inboxes.
- Upload and management of deals on the Yume platform.
- Own and grow the professional relationship of buyer & supplier accounts assigned to your workflow,
and assist with any new inbound relationships where applicable.
- Research and identify new commercial opportunities to work with Australia’s leading food service and
hospitality operators, including pub groups, hotel groups, event centres, caterers, industrial food
wholesalers and manufacturers.
- Support platform testing activity and proactively provide feedback on the technical aspects of the
- Report to work as scheduled with a willingness to work flexible hours according to business needs.
- Show a willingness to adopt change and new initiatives.
- Complete other allocated duties, not specifically mentioned in this document, but within the
capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying positions at this
Actively participate in team activities, meetings and projects.
- Actively promote and encourage a service culture within the team.
- Look for opportunities to enhance efficiency and effectiveness throughout the business, with
particular focus on the Business Development and Finance Administration teams.
Develop and Maintain effective communication and strong working relationships within the Yume team
Take reasonable care of your health and safety and the health and safety of others in the workplace.
POSITION COMPETENCIES (KEY SELECTION CRITERIA)
Business related qualifications will be highly regarded.
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
Outstanding Drive and Energy are essential characteristics to be successful at Yume along with a
desire to have a Positive Impact on the business and the world.
Experience in complex administration roles is essential
Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
Experience with Xero financial software (processing purchase orders, invoices & bills) and account
Experience in researching and identifying business to business sales opportunities
Ability to assist the Business Development team achieve and exceed sales targets
Strong customer-centric verbal & written communication skills
Experience in contract negotiation highly regarded
Sound knowledge of the Google and Microsoft Suites
Previous experience working with a CRM system
Experience in an IT/product space, or knowledge of basic tech principles highly regarded
The successful candidate will be a highly organised, engaging and self-motivated professional with
excellent time management, interpersonal and networking skills when dealing with a wide range of
internal and external stakeholders. They will possess high levels of drive, energy, integrity and
tenacity as well as the ability to build trust and commitment with peers and customers alike. A passion
in sustainability is also key, with an eagerness to learn and flex with the company as needed.
If this sounds like the job for you, apply by sending your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: "Account
Coordinator Application". In your cover letter please tell us why do you want to work at Yume and
what would you like to achieve as the successful applicant.