Careers @ Yume
Front End Web Developer
We're on the lookout for a highly motivated, engaged, and mission-driven web developer who is geared towards the front end of the stack. Working directly with our CTO to build the user-facing components of our platform, the ideal candidate should have a keen eye for front end, design and UX, and be ready to work within a dynamic, award-winning, female-driven workplace.
As a "Tech For Good" company, our core offering is our platform - you'll be working locally to standardise and improve our UI and UX across the board, as well as developing new and exciting apps and integrations with some of our world-renowned partners.
We use PHP (Laravel) and MySQL to power the platform and its API, and component-based VueJS in the front end.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong proven project experience as a front end developer
- An eye for design and user experience
- Willingness to expand your development horizons
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- HTML5 cross-browser responsive development
- A ♥ of Vue JS
- SCSS / LESS / BEM Syntax
- Understanding of Laravel's blade templates
- Understanding of API-first development
Nice To Have But Not Essential:
- PHP7 (Laravel)
- Git Flow / Pull Request development paradigm
- Automated testing
- Google Analytics
- AWS experience
- NativeScript app development
- Jira / Confluence
- Loose understanding of Agile methodologies
- Develop new / improve existing platform UI components
- Work with the marketing team to roll out beautiful new PR campaigns
- Document new features and provide tutorials to internal and external users
- Gather analytics on component usage to help define our product roadmap
- Work with our worldwide partners in building out external mission-driven platforms, akin to Yume's
This is a full-time, on-site role at Yume's Melbourne office. We allow in-sprint remote work also, as we understand the need for quiet development time. Yume is an equal opportunity and family-friendly employer.
Apply now by sending a cover email with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We're looking forward to hearing from you!
All candidates must reside and have the right to work in Australia. Recruiters - don't call us, we'll call you.
Join the team
Yume was founded in 2014 by food rescue veteran, Katy Barfield, after witnessing the amount of food that’s wasted in the commercial food sector.
- Work in the heart of Windsor, metres from Windsor Station
- A great culture and team, working in a flat structure, who love to laugh and are incredibly passionate and dedicated to the Yume mission
- Pet-friendly office
- Know that every day when you wake up you are having a positive impact on the environment and a real tangible impact on reducing food waste
We're always on the lookout for highly engaged, ethical and mission-driven people to join our team. Come and join us in creating a World Without Waste - contact us or email your CV and an expression of interest to email@example.com.