Join the team
Yume was founded in 2014 by food rescue veteran, Katy Barfield, after witnessing the amount of
food that’s wasted in the commercial food sector.
- Work in the heart of Windsor, metres from Windsor Station
A great culture and team, working in a flat structure, who love to laugh and are incredibly
passionate and dedicated to the Yume mission
Know that every day when you wake up you are having a positive impact on the environment
and a real tangible impact on reducing food waste
We're always on the lookout for highly engaged, ethical and mission-driven people to join our team.
Come and join us in creating a World Without Waste - contact us
or email your
CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently hiring for...
Supply Manager/Sustainability Champion
Calling all Sales superstars who are ready to work in one of Australia’s leading start-ups.
Yume, the leading online marketplace for surplus food, is looking for a passionate, determined and
resilient Supply Manager who is keen to hit the ground running and join a team of committed people who
are working together to create a more sustainable food system.
Business Development (BD) Manager
Supplier Account Management
Sales & Negotiation
Yume BD team
Yume Marketing Team
Yume Finance team
Yume is an award-winning online marketplace that helps connect businesses that have quality surplus food
with other businesses in the food industry that can purchase it at a discounted price. Yume is a social
enterprise and works to drive revolutionary change in the food industry by finding a new avenue to
market for edible food. Yume was founded by award-winning food waste fighter Katy Barfield.
Under the direction of the BD Manager and in line with Yume policies and procedures, the Supply Manager
will be required to;
- Research and identify new commercial opportunities with Australia’s leading food service wholesalers
and manufacturers and promote the use of the Yume platform to sell their surplus stock
- Negotiate each deal with the Supplier to achieve the best outcome for all parties
- Actively drive and monitor platform supplier usage, identifying where relationships can be enhanced
to maintain and grow supplier retention levels to ensure additional and ongoing supply of stock can
take place to achieve the targets outlined in the business plan
- Oversee the daily upload of products, formatting and regular maintenance of the Yume platform
- Prepare innovative proposals to deliver new business opportunities and where appropriate, service
contracts for new and existing supplier relationships
- Provide regular reporting on business development initiatives, activities and outcomes to the BD
- Liaise with the Marketing team on user feedback and improvements that could be done to the Yume
- Attend industry, business and networking events to develop a strong network
- Analyse market trends and proactively seek new opportunities for suppliers to benefit via the Yume
- Complete other allocated duties, not specifically mentioned in this document, but within the
capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying positions at this
POSITION COMPETENCIES (KEY SELECTION CRITERIA)
A qualification in business is preferred
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in sales and business development is essential.
- Experience in the food industry, particularly the FMCG sector, will be highly regarded
- Proven ability to negotiate deals/contract and demonstrate an increase in sales growth
- Experience in researching and identifying business-to-business opportunities
- Ability to achieve and exceed sales targets
- Strong written communication skills and experience in developing pitches and proposals and BD
- Engaging communication and presentation skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrable ability to build strong networks and interact effectively at all levels of the
- Sound knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of packages
- Previous experience working with a CRM system viewed highly
- Willingness to work as part of a collaborative team.
Most importantly, the incumbent will be passionate about the environment and creating a more sustainable
food system. Furthermore, they will be an engaging and self-motivated professional with excellent
interpersonal and networking skills when dealing with a wide range of internal and external
stakeholders. They will possess high levels of energy, tenacity and integrity.
In your Cover Letter, please answer these two questions:
- What do you admire about Yume?
- During negotiations, a large value order has stalled between a Supplier and a Buyer. What do you
do to make sure the sale goes ahead?
If this sounds like the job for you, apply by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: "Supply