Join the team
Yume was founded in 2014 by food rescue veteran, Katy Barfield, after witnessing the amount of
food that’s wasted in the commercial food sector.
- Work in the heart of Windsor, metres from Windsor Station
A great culture and team, working in a flat structure, who love to laugh and are incredibly
passionate and dedicated to the Yume mission
Know that every day when you wake up you are having a positive impact on the environment
and a real tangible impact on reducing food waste
We're always on the lookout for highly engaged, ethical and mission-driven people to join our team.
Come and join us in creating a World Without Waste - contact us
or email your
CV and an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently hiring for...
Supplier Account Manager/ Sustainability Champion
Reports to: Chief Commercial Officer
Responsible for: Supplier Management
Yume Business Development (BD) team,
Yume Marketing Team,
Yume Finance team
Calling all Sales/Account Managers superstars who are ready to work in one of Australia’s leading
Yume, the leading online marketplace for surplus food, is looking for a passionate, determined and
resilient Supplier Manager who is interested to hit the ground running and join a team of committed
people who are working together to create a more sustainable food system.
If you are ready to make a change and find real meaning in your work read below!
Yume is an award-winning online marketplace that helps connect businesses that have premium surplus food
with other businesses in the food industry that can purchase it at a discounted price. Yume is a social
enterprise and works to drive revolutionary change in the food industry by finding a new avenue to
market for edible food. Yume was founded by Award-Winning food waste fighter Katy Barfield.
Under the direction of the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) and in line with Yume policies and procedures,
the Supplier Relationship Manager will be required to;
Research and identify new commercial opportunities with Australia’s leading food service
wholesalers and manufacturers and promote the use of the Yume platform to sell their surplus
Negotiate each deal with the Supplier to achieve the best outcome for all parties
- Actively drive and monitor platform supplier usage, identifying where relationships can be
enhanced to maintain and grow supplier retention levels to ensure additional and ongoing supply
of stock can take place to achieve the
targets outlined in the business plan
- Prepare innovative proposals to deliver new business opportunities and where
appropriate, service contracts for new and existing supplier relationships
- Meet regularly with existing suppliers to ensure smooth service delivery and
enhance the relationship
- Work with the Chief Commercial Officer to create innovative and engaging
programs to support customer retention levels
- Provide regular reporting on business development initiatives, activities and
outcomes to the CCO
- Constantly report back to CCO and Marketing team on user feedback and
improvements that could be done to the Yume platform
- Ensure that supplier data is accurately entered into the company’s CRM or other
sales management system
- Oversee the daily upload, formatting and regular maintenance of the Yume
- Attend industry, business and networking events to develop a strong network
- Analyse market trends and proactively seek new opportunities for suppliers to
benefit via the Yume platform
- Report to work as scheduled with a willingness to work flexible hours according
to business needs
- Show a willingness to adopt change and new initiatives
- Represent Yume professionally at all times
- Complete other allocated duties, not specifically mentioned in this document,
but within the capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying
positions at this classification.
- Actively participate in team meetings and contribute to service improvement opportunities.
- Actively promote and encourage a service culture within the team
- Develop and maintain effective communication and strong working
relationships within the Yume team
- Take reasonable care of your health and safety and the health and safety of
others in the workplace
POSITION COMPETENCIES (KEY SELECTION CRITERIA)
- A qualification in business is preferred
- A current drivers licence is essential
Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in business development, sales or account management essential. FMCG related
industry/sector will be highly regarded.
- Experience in researching and identifying business-to-business opportunities
- Proven ability to negotiate deals/contract and demonstrate an increase in
- Ability to achieve and exceed sales targets
- Strong written communication skills and experience in developing pitches
and proposals and BD Plans
- Engaging communication and presentation skills
- Strong prospecting and influencing skills
- Experience in contract negotiation
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrable ability to build strong networks and interact effectively at all
levels of the organisation
- Sound knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of packages
- Previous experience working with a CRM system viewed highly
- Willingness to work as part of a collaborative team.
The candidate will be an engaging and self-motivated professional with excellent interpersonal and
networking skills when dealing with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. They will
possess high levels of energy, tenacity and integrity and the ability to build trust and commitment both
with internal and external stakeholders. Most importantly, they will be passionate about the environment
and creating a more sustainable food system.
Please answer the below question within your application:
Why do you want to work at Yume & what would you like to achieve as the successful applicant?
Applications close 14th February 2020.